ACG Sunderland welcomes local and international students from primary school (Years 1 to 6; aged 5 to 11), middle school (Years 7 to 10; aged 12 to 15) and senior school (Years 11 to 13; aged 15 and over). ACG Sunderland offers the University of Cambridge International Examninations (CIE): IGCSE, AS and A-Levels. These qualifications are internationally recognised and accepted by respected universities worldwide.
Auckland is New Zealand’s largest city, with 1.3 million people.
West Auckland location
ACG Sunderland is West Auckland’s only private co-educational school. Conveniently located 5 minutes from the north-western motorway, many students attend the School from the local community as well as from Auckland City and Auckland’s North Shore. Students are able to use ACG Sunderland’s own school bus service or take advantage of Auckland’s extensive transport system.
ACG Sunderland’s campus comprises architecturally designed premises and nine acres of landscaped grounds. As well as providing a full-sized gymnasium, computer suites, science laboratories, well stocked art rooms and a specialist technology department, the School places emphasis on the performing arts, with specialist music rooms, a band practice room, a drama room and a 150-seat auditorium.
Years 1 to 13
ACG Sunderland provides quality teaching and learning for students from Year 1 through to Year 13 level. Along with the ACG philosophy of enhanced achievement through close individual attention, the School encourages goal setting and self motivation in all students. Individual learning needs are identified from the start and programmes put in place to provide the best possible learning environment for each student.
• Continuous educational path from Years 1 to 13
• Attractive modern campus on landscaped grounds
• Dedicated school bus transport service
• A caring and supportive environment with mentoring at all Year levels
• Close to excellent sporting and cultural facilities
• A wide range of co-curricular activities, including choirs, music groups, school productions, and an arts festival
• All students wear a traditional uniform
• Sports include: Athletics, badminton, basketball, cheerleading, cricket, cross country, cycling, flippaball, netball, orienteering, rowing, soccer, table tennis, tennis and touch rugby.
Term Commencement Dates
• 2012: Term 1 Monday 23 January Term 2 Monday 23 AprilTerm 3 Monday 16 July & Term 4 Monday 15 October
• 2013: Term 1 Monday 21 January Term 2 Monday 6 May Term 3 Monday 29 July & Term 4 Monday 14 October
• 2014: Term 1 Thursday 23 January Term 2 Monday 5 May Term 3 Monday 28 July & Term 4 Monday 13 October
All enquiries and applications to:
Academic Colleges Group
345 Queen Street, Auckland City
PO Box 6199, Wellesley Street
Tel: 64-9-307 5399
Fax: 64-9-377 7125